CENTRE OF RESEARCH, DEVELOPMENT AND SIMULATION
CENTRAL EUROPE’S LARGEST ADVANCED AIR NAVIGATION SIMULATION FACILITY
- Large-scale simulations with up to 34 controller working positions and 27 pilot working positions
- 90% human-machine interface (HMI) similarity in the simulation environment
- Validation in accordance with European Operational Concept Validation Methodology
CRDS is our research, development and simulation centre, and is Central Europe’s largest advanced air traffic management simulation facility. This state-of-the-art platform equips us with a real-time / fast-time simulation capabilities that provide training and a cutting-edge decision making capability to both ANSPs and more broadly, the aviation industry.
- ATM system development and HMI prototyping
- Validation of new technologies and concept solutions (e.g. Free Route Airspace, Performance Based Navigation, Controller-Pilot Data-Link Communication)
- Human Factors assessment capabilities
- Modelling, simulating and analysing unusual, emergency and extreme situations
- Integrating Remotely Piloted Air Vehicles in civil airspace
- GENSPACE: ATC Simulation for non-ATCO staff
For more information, please visit the CRDS homepage.